The 7th edition of Camera Zizanio (European Meeting of Young People’s Audiovisual Creation) took take place from December 2 to 9, 2007 in Pyrgos, along with the 9th Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People.
Its seventh realization finds Camera Zizanio with a higher number of participants and a wider ranger of activities:
- The Greek sector will host a record of over 50 participations, proving that, despite the lack of a state plan, team (in schools) and individual attempts for audiovisual creation are increasing.
- More than 10 Greek participants are originated from the prefecture of Ilia and the educational initiatives of the Festival.
- For the first time ever, the Greek Film Centre subsidized the creation of films by children and youngsters through the project “First Step”. Four of these films will premiere in Camera Zizanio
- New European participants come to join the usual ones, raising the represented countries of the Continent to the number of 22.
- The International Panorama spreads its wings over Asia to other parts of the planet, such as Latin America and Africa.
The novelties of this very dynamic sector of our Festival are the following:
- Established last year, film workshops and their work will be presented this year with a focus on actions supported by the European Union, through the project “Youth in action”.
- Support from the General Secretariat for Youth will make sure that this project will be carried out during the Festival. 42 young people from 7 countries will take part in it.
- What is special to this year’s workshops is that they will be situated in areas devastated by the fire. Therefore, they will be close to extremely needy children.
- The last word of technology, high definition cameras, will are due to make their debut.
- “Zizanio” will be broadcasted on the internet, as a live 24-hour tv show, with films and live coverage.
One more festival gone by, a cinematic fortnight and especially the last week of the main screenings, successfully behind us now, with more unique moments added to our lives!
Yet another fantastic awards ceremony, with the birthday cake delivered by children from all over the world, singing Happy Birthday to Dimitris Spyrou in their languages, and a fantastic program with songs from Hatzidakis and Theodorakis!!
The Zizanio awards funny as always, made us all laugh!!
(from Sophia’s Blog)